Stacey's Time to Go.

The lousy economy has claimed the pelt of "iconic" SF bookstore, Stacey's Bookstore,which is closing after 85 years in business. My law school was around the corner from Stacey's, so I have pleasant memories of going through its stacks of books when I needed a break from the library (I also liked to spend the nerve wracking hour before an exam flipping idly through its books). Still, I can't describe myself as "devastated" as do some of the people quoted at the link. It was a pretty good sized store, but nowhere near the size of Borders or B&N (not to mention Amazon). Selection was OK, but you could find the same titles at Green Apple Books. And, for all of Stacey's supposed sophistication and intellectual airs, they always had a table groaning with the latest Bush bash titles. I may have spent plenty of time there, but I can't think of a single book that I bought there. 

Best Retirement Invesments Auto Search