Holy Roller: Obama Teaches Sunday School On Tuesday


President Obama went to a backyard in New Mexico where he had to answer someone's question about whether he is a Christian. He responded by mentioning that he "came to" Christianity (thanks to Rev. Wright! Anyone want to ask about that?!), and then discussed his two favorite precepts: the "Golden Rule" and the idea that "we are our brother's keeper."
“I’m a Christian by choice,” the president answered. “My family didn’t — frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn’t raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life. And it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead: being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me.”
Note how Obama rewrites the Bible to include our "sister's keeper." Just the sort of modesty you would expect from a committed Christian who has also rewritten the Declaration of Independence to remove references to our Creator.

Careful readers of this blog will remember that Obama has discussed the Bible's teachings, such as they are, regarding our supposed status as our brother's keepers. He brought this up during an ecumenical dialogue with lefty ministers where he urged them to help pass Obamacare. (Render unto Caesar, right?).
My favorite: he said - in making the moral case for progressive health care reform - "Doesn't the Bible say 'we are our brothers' and sisters' keeper?'" It sure does, in a way. But Cain, the "brother's keeper" guy, is not someone who is often quoted approvingly by most Christians. Also, he was responding sarcastically to God's query as to whether Cain knew where Abel was, not providing a ready quote for the moral urgency of providing, say, health insurance to illegal aliens. I would note that the "brother's keeper" verse comes on, like page 2 of the Bible. I'll be impressed when Obama starts quoting from Leviticus.
Obama, in other words, is misquoting one of the most familiar parts of the Bible in order to show what a gosh-darn committed Christian he is, and the toadies around him who chuckle over Sarah Palin's not having a favorite Supreme Court ruling are clueless about their guy's own cluelessness.

I don't even know why we have to go through this dance. Obama says he's a Christian, and I'm willing to take him at his word, but I think it's also clear that he is as much a devout Christian as, say, Bill Clinton is a loyal husband. Obama's spiritual and philosophical commitment is to political leftism. Any religious leaning he may have is purely secondary, and purely for show.

Best Retirement Invesments Auto Search