Statue of Liberty - What did that really mean?

 http://famouswonders.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Statue-f-Liberty.jpg
I've said it before and now say again. To visit or see the Statue of Liberty land, sea or air is impressive and inspiring. Blessings were mine have experience in all three scenarios. I was lucky enough to walk in the body of the Lady Liberty. I had presented in his crown, saw the Hudson River and New York skyline, and while doing so thanks to my Creator, to plant my feet on this beautiful earth. Recorded at the base of this magnificent monument is "The New Colossus" by Emma Lazarus. The best known part of the sonnet known to many of us is this.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "



When I read the sonnet, I try to think about the message you intended. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" ... Somehow I do not think he meant. Let's open the flood gates. We all go in, do not worry about being dishonest or lying is a big tent, we have room for dishonesty and corruption, freedom to lie and steal, violate our laws, and the use of our resources. .. No, I think she was aware that these attributes are tired of poor of our own. What I was saying. "Individuals, families who want to start a new life based on honesty and willingness to help those of you who want to live under the laws of the land, and be part of this wonderful American, welcome. Over time, you earn the right and be proud to call themselves Americans. That in turn will allow you to enforce the Constitution, our laws and our flag as yours. "

The following statement, in his sonnet ...

"The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest for me"

Statue of Liberty was not saying, Come on, send all your friends who refuse to obey the laws, which should improve the mix and add a bit of action (which could do with some action) Then you can do more than apply the law to have already put in place. In turn, that allow us to point fingers at each other. On the contrary, I think he meant that he would get those who do not want to be part of the status quo, and they had a great desire for freedom, for a better life, a chance to succeed, as our Founding Fathers and the written Constitution intended.

His final statement is more relevant.

"I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

 http://www.candlewick.com/images/cwp_bookjackets/648/0763625302.jpg
I can not imagine Lady Liberty, saying "Hey huddled masses, try to get through the door, do not worry about falling over each other, or jump the line, well every man for himself, and if someone dies in the process of don, t worry, there are more, and while you're at it, scrape a little gold front door. "I think what she had in mind was this ... You have been honest, you have met the requirements, which have shown a strong desire and willingness to be part of us. My light will guide you through the golden door where opportunities abound ... As for the immigrant, in my humble opinion, the Golden Gate which it refers, is only surpassed by the gates of heaven ... Let's keep it that way, your vote is precious and meaningful. We come to your honor and not allow immigration reform to be a blanket amnesty to punish those who did the right thing and reward those who were and have been dishonest.

Best Retirement Invesments Auto Search